This Week in Georgian Food, Wine, Travel and Culture News: Week of 10/03-16/03
Week of 10/03-16/03
1. The Largest Low-cost Airlines RyanAir to Launch Flights in Georgia
Thanks to the new decree that Georgian residents can travel through Schengen zone without a visa, RyanAir might go to Georgia. The company has yet to make the official announcement, but flights are expected to start at 5€.
2. 50 Tbilisi pictures that will make you want to visit Georgia
This blogger describes her feelings about Tbilisi, including some great stories of her first time there, before ending with 50 gorgeous pictures.
3. Lucky tourist given VIP treatment and dinner with Prime Minister after becoming 6 millionth person to visit Georgia
Tourism in Georgia is up 7.6% from last year, and the country decided to celebrate by surprising a Dutch tourist with a full VIP experience. The article details what his trip consisted of.
4. A field guide to khachapuri, the indomitable cheese bread of Georgia
Khachapuri is bread filled with cheese, although there is a large variety. This article details the different types of khachapuri while offering recommendations on where to buy it and recipes if you want to make your own.
5. Masterpieces of Georgian & World Art: The Past, Present & Future of the Georgian Museum
The Georgian National Museum Shalva Amiranashvili Museum of Fine Arts opened the new exhibit ‘The Museum of Fine Arts- Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow’ opened on March 6. The exhibition showcases Georgian and world art and will run for about a month.
6. Soviet po-mo: what can we learn from Georgia’s forgotten master architect?
Discusses Viktor Jorbenadze’s buildings and his personal history. There are also some great pictures of the architecture.